Telehealth Begins Monday, March 30, 2020
To best serve our families during the COVID-19 outbreak, Shoreview Pediatrics clinic is now temporarily offering Telehealth Visits. We are still offering 15 month and under well visits in the morning and sick visits in the afternoons in our office, and taking steps to contain and limit the spread of COVID-19. Though Telehealth Visits cannot fully replicate a live visit, they are another way to enable us to evaluate patients and support families during this challenging time.
Procedure for a Telehealth Visit:
- Call the office 414-272-7009 and speak to our nursing staff in triage to determine if a Telehealth Visit is appropriate for your child.
- We will set up a time for the Telehealth Visit if your child has an established IMYOURDOC account. If no account as been established please visit out website to request an invitation. Once the invitation is completed your child will be assigned to Shoreview Pediatrics.
- Telehealth Visits will be conducted through IMYOURDOC.
- Camera and microphone will be required. Most phones and laptops have these.
- If your provider is not online at your scheduled appointment time, please wait and they will join you shortly. Just like in the office, your provider may be running behind.
- Providers will not respond to messages received without a previously scheduled appointment through our office.
- Before your visit:
- Try to be ready 5-minutes before your appointment time.
- Set up your device or computer in a quiet, well-lit room if possible.
- If appropriate, dress your child in easy-to-remove clothing (to check breathing or a rash).
- If they have a fever, take your child’s temperature.
- If possible, weigh your child (for infants, a parent can stand on a scale with and without your child and subtract the difference). We dose medications based on weight, so a current weight is most helpful should we need to do so.
- Your physician may determine that your child needs to be seen in the office or at another facilityPlease note: because these are considered medical visits with a physician, your insurance will be billed for the services.
- If a Telehealth visit turns into an office visit, then you will only be billed once for both services.
- If multiple children are evaluated during the Telehealth Visit, you will need a scheduled visit for each child and each child’s visit will be billed separately.
- Additional Telehealth Visit tips:
- Have a good internet connection.
- Restart your device or computer to ensure running at peak performance.
- Call our office with any issues 414-272-7009.
Conditions we treat with Telehealth Visit
- Pink eye
- ADHD medication checks
- Depression/Anxiety management and follow ups
- Asthma management – not significant flare ups, these need to be seen
- Rash (diaper, eczema, hand, foot and mouth, ringworm, etc.)
- Cough, cold and flu
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Bites (insect, animal, human)
- Sinus infection
- Allergies (seasonal, environmental)
- Daycare note
- Minor injury advice
Note: We are unable to treat strep, urinary tract infections, shortness of breath, or ear infections on Telehealth Visits.